It is a pleasure to announce that registration for the ABEI Research Grant to a Junior Researcher is now open.
11 March 2022 – 1 April
11 March 2022 – 1 April
It is a pleasure to announce that registration for the ABEI Research Grant to a Junior Researcher is now open. The purpose of the grant is to fund Brazilian Junior Researchers in the field of Irish Studies. The grant is of R$3,000.00, to be paid to a Postgraduate Student (MA or PhD) and of R$600,00 (to an undergraduate student). The Fellowship aims at developing research and activities related to Irish Studies in Brazil. It is expected an engagement of the selected candidate at the end of the programme by means of taking part in ABEI events and the publication of an article related to the field of studies.
- The registration form available on the ABEI website should be filled out and sent to email@example.com under the heading: ABEI/ESP Research Grant 2022 by April 1st 2022.
- The student must be a Brazilian undergraduate or a post-graduate student, regularly enrolled in a programme of a Brazilian university throughout the entire period of the grant.
- The student must have an average mark higher than 7 (or equivalent) for undergraduates, or an A or B (or equivalent) for post-graduates.
- The student must not be taking part in an ongoing exchange program and cannot pursue research abroad throughout the duration of the grant.
- The student must be a member of ABEI and be up to date with the annual payment. (http://www.abei.org.br/associe-se.html)
- Registration form (below);
- Letter of interest in English stating why the student wishes to be funded by ABEI;
- An academic recommendation letter in English;
- Updated undergraduate (and postgraduate) academic transcript;
- Curriculum Lattes;
- A five-month project in English, which includes objectives, justification, methodology, and bibliographical references.
- The selected candidate will be required to present to ABEI a report after having completed the 5 months.
- The researcher is expected to participate in ABEI’s Jornada or Symposium, presenting the results of his/her work.
- Acknowledgement all academic work (written or oral presentations) produced as a result of this grant should acknowledge ABEI/ESP Research Grant.
- 11 March 2022 – 1 April: Documents should be sent by e-mail by the candidate.
- 8-10 – April: Assessment of proposals and selection of up to three candidates.
- 12-13 April: Online interview with selected candidates.
- 15 April: Final results.